CLUBHOUSE DRESS CODE POLICY
GOLF COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE
- Denim is allowed in the clubhouse but not on the course or driving range.
- Men must have a collared shirt and sleeves. Mock neck shirts are allowed.
- No tank tops or t-shirts are permitted.
- Children over the age of 5 cannot wear t-shirts.
- Shorts are permitted but must not be more than 6” above the knee. Shorts are not permitted on fine dining nights.
- Shoes and/or appropriate sandals must be worn at all times.
- Ladies are not permitted to wear tank tops, halter tops or swim suits in the Grille.
- Hats are not allowed in the Grille unless it’s a ladies headdress for dinner.
- Members and guests must change both clothing and shoes in the appropriate locker room. Changing of any kind in the parking lot is strictly prohibited.
- All shirts must be tucked in unless they have a banded bottom.
- Men must have a collared shirt and sleeves. Mock neck shirts are acceptable.
- All shirts must be tucked in. No exceptions.
- No denim allowed.
- Soft spikes or tennis shoes are mandatory.
- Ladies are permitted to wear collarless golf shirts with sleeves.
- Ladies are permitted to wear sleeveless shirts but they must have a collar.
- Cell phones are permitted but should not disrupt the flow of play.
- Hats must be worn with the bill forward.
Nicklaus Club – Monterey is a “no cash club”. The Club does not accept cash for goods of any kind. Credit cards are welcome. All food and beverage purchases will include an 18% gratuity service charge. Tips above and beyond the service amount are at the discretion of the member.
Cash Tipping is discouraged by management. The staff is instructed not to accept cash tips as the club allows for an end of the year donation for all members equally.
CELL PHONE POLICY
Cell phone conversations are not allowed in the Main Dining Room or Member Grille. Members or guests receiving cell phone calls in a restricted area must move outside to continue a conversation. Cell phones must be off or in silent mode and conversations must be continued in an allowed area.